5.3.06

uneasy lies the head that wears the crown

I get competitive about some things more than others. (Just play against me in Taboo or Trivial Pursuit!) Strangely enough, though, until the past couple of years Oscar betting was not one of them. I usually take pride in the fact that I can predict many of the winners (it all started in high school when my prognosticating powers won my aunt a free year of video rentals from our local video store), but I don't usually feel that bloodthirst to beat everyone else.

As some of you may remember, I got all the big ones right last year. This puts me in the unenviable position of defending champ. There are quite a few locks in the top categories this year, but also some notable toss-ups. Love is also in the mix, too, as I am in unofficial competition with my boyfriend. As Terence Howard would say, it's hard out here for a pimp...

But, it must be done. These picks will be posted very soon before the broadcast on March 5. (I don't want to give any advantages to a certain Colombian competitor.) Also, at the behest of my bf, I'm going to go for the whole enchilada this time, not just the top 8 as I did last year. Wish me luck!

BEST PICTURE: Brokeback Mountain
BEST DIRECTOR: Ang Lee
BEST ACTOR: Phillip Seymour Hoffman
BEST ACTRESS: Reese Witherspoon
BEST SUPP. ACTOR: George Clooney
BEST SUPP. ACTRESS: Rachel Weisz
BEST ORIG. SCREENPLAY: Crash
BEST ADAPT. SCREENPLAY: Brokeback Mountain
BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY: Brokeback Mountain
BEST EDITING: Crash
BEST SONG: Crash
BEST MUSICAL SCORE: Memoirs of a Geisha
BEST ART DIRECTION: Memoirs of a Geisha
BEST COSTUME DESIGN: Memoirs of a Geisha
BEST MAKEUP: Chronicles of Narnia
BEST VISUAL EFFECTS: King Kong
BEST SOUND: Walk the Line
BEST SOUND EFFECTS EDITING: King Kong
BEST FOREIGN FILM: Tsotsi
BEST DOCUMENTARY: March of the Penguins
BEST DOC. SHORT SUBJECT: God Sleeps in Rwanda
BEST ANIMATED FEATURE: Wallace & Gromit
BEST ANIMATED SHORT SUBJECT: The Moon and the Sun: An Imagined Conversation
BEST LIVE-ACTION SHORT SUBJECT: Six-Shooter

p. s. No word yet from Cate. I'm sure she's planning a surprise entrance!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP »

8:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home